VL Endless Belt for Grinding
Data Sheet (338 k)
The vacuum filter VL is a high-performance filter for the cleaning of cooling lubricant during material removal processes, in particular with grinding processes. The combination of vacuum technology and endless belt produces a pure filter concentrate with low residual moisture and forms the basis for a particularly economically efficient use.
The contaminated fluid streams into the bottom of the sludge tank and rises. The vacuum pump extracts the air out of the filter chamber producing a vacuum there. The vacuum together with the hydrostatic pressure of the contaminated fluid, create a high-pressure difference at the filter surface. The fluid passes through the filter belt, which holds back the dirt particles in the filter chamber. A thick filter cake is produced here, which acts as a filter medium and holds back the smallest of particles. A filter pump extracts the cleaned fluid into the clean tank.
Filter belt regeneration
The increasingly thick filter cake slows down the volume flow through the filter surface - the level of contaminated fluid rises. At a defined level, the belt drive switches on and conveys the carrier belt, together with the filter belt, a small distance forward. This allows the clean filter belt to reach the filter surface, the volume flow increases and the level of contaminated fluid drops. After moving out of the contaminated fluid, the endless belt runs through the following stations: dry phase, scraper, backwashing and belt drying.
Advantages in comparison with conventional belt filters without vacuums:
- Dry cake Filtered cake with low residual moisture, resulting in low cooling lubricant loss and low disposal costs (possibly material recovery).
- High specific filter capacity.
- High degree of purity.
- Forced de-airing of the cooling lubricant.
- Long cycle intervals and low paper consumption.
- Trouble-free removal of chips and filtered waste.
- Operation either with, or without endless belt, or with filter consumables (paper, pre-coated material).
- Can be used universally.